Click through the following timeline to get a better idea of how the LRTP 2040 public involvement campaign was carried out over the course of the long range transportation planning period from 2012 to 2014.
Below the timeline are additional details about some of the main components of the campaign.
Community Conversations Bus
- Community Conversations Bus Information for All Mode Users
- Community Conversations Bus Wish Tree Input
- Community Conversations Bus Kids Table
- Community Conversations Bus Participant Demographics
- Community Conversations Bus Input Tools and Results
Public Comment Map
Click on the mode icons to see public comments received in the LRTP Interactive Map. A full list of comments appears in the plan document.
A total of four visioning meetings took place to capture a wide range of local input. The conversations at the four visioning meetings were centered around two related questions:
- What would the Champaign-Urbana region look like in 2040 if we were to do nothing different?
- What kind of changes could we make to create a better future?
David Michael Moore, local illustrator and graphic facilitator, drew the visioning posters during the four forums to help summarize the comments made by participants.
Developer’s Roundtable Visioning Forum, November 19, 2013
RPC Visioning Forum, November 14, 2013